Randwick Personal Trainer - Ben Francis
Hi, Im the owner of Opportunity Fitness. Growing up I was always passionate about sports and fitness. After finishing school, I moved to Sydney to study Exercise and Sports Science. Through university and private study i've gradually gained the tools required to remain fit and healthy. I can be quite the profectionist, always researching and refining infomation i've gain.
I enjoy the outdoors and helping people, and fitness training was a natural progression. I try to always balance the knowledge i've gained in exercise science with people skills. As a result, i try to make exercise beneficial both socially and physically.
Thoughts on Exercise
Exercise is different for every individual and to be a successful trainer and coach you need to be able to understand your clients life. For some exercise is a lifestyle decision and a little motivation and instruction is all that is required. For others exercise represents a challenge or a constant new set of goals, performance and progress are important to these individuals. Understanding what you want is my main challenge and this determines the style and approach of each session.
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science - 2002-2005 (Sydney University)
- Certificate III and IV in Fitness (Fitnation)
- Senior First Aid
- 7 years experience Personal Training
- Participant in Triathlons, Marathons, Adventure Races and various team sports
- 10 years experience resistance training and running
Exercise and Health Interests
- Biomechanics - Im interested in joint and muscle function and the tools available to create a pain and injury free body
- Psychology - There are many connection between exercise and our mind and hence how we experience the world. Im interested in both how exercise influences our mind in other pursuits and how motivational tools such as internal language also effect our ability to exercise
I enjoy the lifestyle here in Sydneys Eastern Suburbs. I spend my spare time on runs from Coogee to Bondi or Maroubra. I've taken alot of Photographs of the area in particular coogee beach. You can see some of these pictures at http://benfrancis.artistswanted.org/. I also enjoy touch footy at Queens Park, playing some tennis and the odd surf at Maroubra.